MEDIA RELEASE – TOWNSHIP OF McNAB/BRAESIDE
January 3, 2022
The Township’s Municipal Emergency Control Group met today, January 3, 2022, to review the current COVID-19 situation and Provincial announcement. As you know, the Province has been taking significant steps to limit the transmission of the COVID-19 virus. As a result, McNab/Braeside Township has implemented the following measures, effective immediately and until further notice:
- Township Office hours will be Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. until further notice.
- We encourage you to contact staff via telephone or email, however, should you need to meet with a staff member, this will be done by advanced appointment ONLY.
- Face masks must be worn at all times inside the Township Office. Should you be unable to wear a mask, please contact 613-623-5756 and do not enter the Office building.
- All in person Recreation programming and activities will be on hold until further notice.
- Virtual programming will go ahead as scheduled. Please check our social media for upcoming virtual activities.
- All Council Meetings will be held electronically. A meeting link can be found on our website calendar.
- The landfill will remain open during regular hours. You are encouraged to pay via debit. Regular garbage and blue bin pick up will still occur, unless further notified.
- Residents are encouraged to make property tax payments online or utilize the afterhours drop box at the office.
- Our Management Team continues to monitor the situation and take direction from the Federal and Provincial governments and Health Unit. As the situation continues to evolve, we will continue to keep you updated. Communication will be posted on the Township website and Township social media platforms.
- As always, staff and residents are encouraged to be proactive and follow Health Unit directives on protecting themselves and their family during this situation.
For the safety of yourself and our staff, please use our electronic services as much as possible.
If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
– 30 –