GARBAGE AND RECYCLING
Waste Management Co-ordinator: 613-623-5756 ext. 227 or 1-800-957-4621 ext. 227
Landfill Site is located at 573 Calabogie Road. Hours of Operation are Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. There will be NO ACCESS to the Landfill site at any other time.
All documents posted below are reproduced in PDF format for the Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you have not already downloaded your free reader, go to www.adobe.com to get yours.
- Waste Management Fees
- Landfill Site - Proof of Residency & Regulations
- Landfill Site - Proof of Residency Form
- Blue Box Rules for Bundling
- Extra Garbage Tags
- Garbage and Recycling Calendar 2018-2019
- Recycling Guide
- Garbage/Blue Box Area Map
- Waste Recycling Strategy
GARBAGE LEVIES ARE INCLUDED ON THE TAX BILL
The garbage levies are based on the total cost of the landfill site, recycling collection, waste collection and future closure of the site, therefore all taxpayers are levied a garbage rate on their property to incorporate the total costs.
The rates are as follows:
|Residential||$180.00 per year (full service)|
|Cottage||$135.00 per year (May to October service)|
|Landfill||$40.00 per year (no services, but have access to the landfill site throughout the year)|
|Commercial||$330.00 per year x no. of units of collection (full service)|
GARBAGE COLLECTION WEEKLY:
All garbage and Blue boxes must be placed at the curb by 7:30 a.m. the day of collection. McNab/Braeside Township policy allows a maximum of two regular sized green garbage bags. Bag size is 26"x 32 ½" or an equivalent container of 67 litres each week. Please check the size of your bags or containers. A yellow tag must be attached to each extra regular sized bag and placed at the curb for pickup. Tags can be purchased at the Township Office, Robbin's Confectionery in Braeside, White Lake General Store, Antrim Truck Stop and Country View Mini Mart.
Helpful Hints to Prevent Nuisance Bears and Birds:
- Put garbage and recycle containers out for pickup on the morning of collection day.
- Rinse containers before disposal or recycling.
- Wash garbage cans and recycling containers frequently.
- Place garbage bags in containers with lids at the curb.
- Do not put meat, fish or other sweet foods in backyard composter. Keep items in your freezer until collection day.
RECYCLING COLLECTION BI-WEEKLY:
Please check the Calendar for pickup dates, Holiday Schedule and recycling list for pickup. Current pickup times may change during the day. Please have your blue box at the curb by 7:30 a.m. the day of collection. Do not put recycling items in clear bags, garbage bags or garbage containers. Please use standard Blue Boxes (18” x 20” x 21”) or equivalent size containers.
ALWAYS FREE IF SORTED:
- Cardboard (flatten)
- Scrap Metal (except any refrigerated appliance without O.D.P. Sticker)
- Brush & Clean Wood (untreated wood- no paint or stain)
- Leaf & Yard Waste
- Recyclables (check the list for recycling items)
FREE VOUCHER FOR HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE ONLY:
The Township provides one free voucher by household each year for household garbage. The voucher is mailed in March with the Interim Tax Bill for residents who are levied a residential/cottage garbage levy on their tax bill. The voucher can be used throughout the year and expires at the end of December each year.
The landfill attendants accept cash or cheque for tippage fees. Please no postdated cheques. Residents and general contractors working for residents must show proof of residency before depositing garbage. View Fee List.
The landfill site will accept contaminated soil after the following conditions are met:
- Proof that the soil is from within the boundaries of the Township.
- Copy of the Lab test showing all data, which is verified by the Township's consultants that it meets the conditions of the Township Certificate of Approval for the Landfill Site.
- Estimate of the total amount of soil in cubic yards to be deposited at the landfill site in writing by mail or fax to the Waste Co-ordinator.
- Deposit of 50% of the total tippage fee is required and must be received by the main office before deliver of soil begins. (Calculated at number of cubic yards times price per cubic yards).
- Advance notice of 3 working days to the office before the soil is delivered to the site. If a contractor wants to deliver soil other than the scheduled working days an extra charge will be applied.
A depot has been established at the landfill site to collect and recycle e-waste items as part of the Township's waste diversion plan.
The Household Hazardous Waste Depot will be open to the Public from the May 6th to August 26, 2017 at the Renfrew Landfill Site, located at 376 Bruce Street during regular hours:
- Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.