TOWNSHIP OF McNAB/BRAESIDE
CURBSIDE LEAF AND YARD WASTE COLLECTION
The Spring collection period will run the weeks of April 30th and May 14th, 2023.
Please ensure leaf and yard waste is at the curb before 7:30 a.m. on the Monday of the scheduled week.
Pickup will be completed throughout the week, and may not correspond with your regular garbage schedule.
The number of leaf and yard waste items put out for collection during this collection period is unlimited. Place your leaf and yard waste at the curb in a separate area than your normal place for regular household waste or recycling.
Approved Leaf and Yard Waste Containers and Sizing
- Leaf and Yard Waste must be placed in Biodegradable Paper Bags or in bound bundles that meet the requirements set out below. Any kind of plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Individual leaf and yard waste containers must not exceed 23 kg (50 lbs.).
- Individual trimmed branches must not exceed 25 mm (1.0 inch) in diameter.
- Bundled branches and twigs must not exceed 1.5 m (5 feet) in length and 0.6 m (2 feet) in diameter. Biodegradable twine shall be used for bundling.
- Do not mix with any household waste.
Please also take note of the following information and restrictions.
- The following items are considered Leaf & Yard Waste: plants, flowers, weeds, leaves, grass clippings, trimmed branches (less than 1.0 inches diameter).
- The following items are not considered Leaf & Yard Waste and will not be picked-up at the curbside: Shrubs, hedges, trees, large branches (larger than 1.0 inches in diameter), stumps, logs, timber, household/construction/hazardous waste.
- Leaf and yard waste containers must be placed in such a manner that they are not damaged or deteriorated from rain or snow to such an extent that they cannot be loaded into the collection vehicle.
- Failure to follow the size restrictions and bundling requirements will result in the material left at the curbside and will be the responsibility of the homeowner to remove. Failure to comply with these requirements will be subject to by-law enforcement.
Leaf and Yard Waste can also be brought to the Township Waste Disposal Site located at 573 Calabogie Road for no additional charge.