Mayor for a Day Contest - Application Form & Rules - PDF
Mayor for a Day Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Entries will be accepted starting October 7th, 2020 at 8:30 AM and ending on November 2nd, 2020 at 4:30 PM.
2. Submissions may be emailed, faxed, mailed, or delivered to the Township Offices.
i. Township of McNab/Braeside
2473 Russett Drive
Arnprior, Ontario, Canada
3. Entrants must turn in a completed application form, including an attached illustration. Forms are available from your teacher or by contacting Mandy Cannon, Executive Assistant, by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (613) 623-5756
4. Each applicant must be a current elementary or secondary school student who resides within
the Township of McNab/Braeside (includes homeschooled and remote delivery students).
5. All applicants must have a parent or legal guardian sign the application form.
6. Entries must represent an individual’s idea, as opposed to the idea of a group or class.
7. An entrant may only make one submission for consideration.
8. Entries may be used in advertising for the Township of McNab/Braeside, its programs and services. No personal information will be included in promotional materials without the express permission of the parent/guardian of the student.
9. A preliminary review by Township of McNab/Braeside staff will be conducted to ensure application completeness, and to shortlist the entries for final judging by the Mayor.
10. The judging panel will consist of Township Staff. This panel will then make a recommendation to the Mayor, who will then make the final decision on the successful student (winner).
11. The judging panel will rate the entries on a scale of 1 through 10 in the following criteria:
12. We will be contacting the winning entry by November 9th, 2020. If you do not receive a call/email, please know that your idea was greatly appreciated and we look forward to your continued interest in the Township of McNab/Braeside.
13. The winning entry will be awarded a Tour with the Mayor, as well as ceremonially calling a Council Meeting to order.
14. The judging panel reserves the right to not award any prizes if there is insufficient participation and/or quality of entries.