Building Permit

A building permit is required if you wish to repair, alter, add to, construct, move, demolish or change the use of any building in the Township. If you are not sure if a building permit is required, check with the Building Department prior to starting. It is the responsibility of the owner and the builder to obtain all the required forms and permits. Please consult the office well in advance for advice on your building permit. Submission of all required documents with the application will speed up the issuing of the Building Permit.

Note: If you move or demolish a building, please contact the Tax Department to apply for an application for an adjustment of property taxes.

Chief Building Official & Septic System Inspector:  613-623-5756 ext. 225 -


Drawing Requirements
Owner's and Builder's Responsibility During Construction

Quick Link to Bylaws:

2022-40 - Pool By-Law
2014-20 - Building By-Law
2019-42 - Development Charges
2022-96 - Fees and Charges By-Law