2016 - A YEAR IN REVIEW
2016 – A Year in Review
- Updating Township Official Plan, which will become a part of the County Official Plan.
- New website unveiled.
- New sand/salt shed and public works garage in a better, safer location in Braeside, replacing old sand/salt shed that could not be repaired.
- In line with 10-year roads plan, the following work has been completed: rehabilitation of Goshen Road, Duncan Drive, Division Street and Young Road; repair of deteriorated section of McLeod Road; engineering design for Scheel Drive reconstruction project.
- New vehicles for public works, fire and recreation departments.
- 10-year building strategy developed, with work under way in line with strategy and to meet provincial accessibility standards:
- design plans in works for new recreation centre in Braeside;
- architectural firm appointed to design a new municipal building, to be located across from the current Building on Russett Drive;
- Perneel Building being redesigned for ‘soft’ recreational uses;
- Rink boards being replaced at White Lake park;
- additional ball diamond at McNab Centre Park built to replace Glasgow ball diamond, which will no longer exist once Highway 417 cloverleaf is built.
- 1st annual Herbfest launched.
- Signage and improvements started for Alexander Stewart Provincial Park.
- Intervenor status for Energy East project granted.
- Streetlight bulbs converted to LED, to realize energy savings.